METS 411 HAS CLOSED!

We're now located under a new name and link. Check out the all new MetsGuide at http://www.metsguide.com/

Thanks for your continued support.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rubin defends self in today's Daily News

In today's New York Daily News, Mets beat writer Adam Rubin defended himself against the allegations made by Mets GM Omar Minaya. Rubin, who broke the eye opening stories of ex-VP of player development Tony Bernazard, was accused by Minaya of having an ulterior motive. This all happened during yesterday's coverage of the Bernazard firing, and to read coverage of that, read the blog I wrote yesterday.

Here's some highlights from the article by Rubin:

"Everything I wrote about Tony Bernazard - bombshell stories that appeared in the pages of the Daily News over the last week - is accurate."

"What I have done, and what Mets COO Jeff Wilpon acknowledged later yesterday, is ask Wilpon for "career advice." My question: Is it even remotely feasible for a baseball writer to get into an administrative job with a team - any team - down the road and what would I need for that to be achieved?"

"Wilpon once invited me to his office at Citi Field for an advisory session. I never took him up on it."

Rubin goes on to say that he got many of his stories directly from minor leaguers and their families.

0 comments:

Mets 411 on Facebook

@Mets411Blog

    follow me on Twitter